Saturday, November 26, 2005

Sacred Exhaustion

It occurred to me today that I'm just too busy for spiritual thoughts lately. Its like being on spiritual autopilot lately... its not that I've lost my spiritual life or that I don't think of spiritual things, or at least want to, its just that life is so overwhelmingly filled with wellll....life, I just don't have time to "spiritually" reflect on it much. Maybe that's a good thing. I have to BE spiritual on the firing line when life doesn't give me a chance to contemplate and ruminate and consider, and not just THINK about being spiritual.

It's only 9:15pm on Saturday night...I'd love to tell you about my day, the services, the nuns, the new "stray" that showed up at our Mission tonight, but I'm dead. By the way, the Hours and Divine Liturgy this morning went well. Gracias a Dios. Goodnight.

1 comment:

existentialist said...

Hi S-p,
I hear you. That is how I feel when I am single mothering. But I find exhaustation helps my spiritual life. I am constantly pleading "Lord have mercy" "God have mercy!" "God help". I know I am powerless.
In Christ
Olympiada