Monday, July 21, 2008

Fathers and Daughters

Something far more mystical and glorious than the mysterious red rocks and harrowing skies of a summer storm over the desert is the mystery of love and family. These are two daughters who were out on the town with their elderly, failing Fathers. The pictures tell it all.

This one slowly shuffled to his pace and he held her arm as they negotiated the puddles and curbs and rough sidewalks of Jerome.


This daughter sat and chatted with her Father as he dripped strawberry ice cream down his chin, over his hands and onto the sidewalk. He couldn't lick it faster than the sun ate it.

4 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Nice to see such loving interactions.....

Unknown said...

Great pictures! By the way, I enjoyed your article in AGAIN magazine, which just hit my mailbox a couple of days ago. You make a great Jesus! I like your "Jesus look." But the Fu Manchu is pretty cool too!

Anonymous said...

awww.simple pleasures of a hot day, plus the interaction of a loving family..*sigh*...Beautiful!

A GodDaughter of yours

Steve Robinson said...

Hi Fr. James, Actually the editor of AGAIN found it on my blog and contacted me about printing it. I have another picture from the same VBS in my second blog post
http://pithlessthoughts.blogspot.com/2004/07/s-p-and-satan-atvacation-bible-school.html

I had the "Jesus look" for a looongg time and after working construction for a few years in AZ, one summer day I said, "It's just too dang hot" and shaved my head and beard. My wife cried. I've lost the Fu Manchu now and am sporting the Russian monastic beard. Clients call me "ZZ Top" now.