Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pascha 2009

Miscellaneous pictures from Pascha.
Come recieve the light!
The light of Christ illumines all.
Joy.
The Paschal Homily of St. John Chrysostom. After spending probably the worst Lent I've ever had, yeah, that's how I felt too...


Gratitude for all God has done these past couple months among us.
At 3:00am we begin the feast. Nothing green on THIS table (except the plant...no danger of being saladized here tonight!)

The gazebo picnic area. Our property fronts a major city street. I wonder what people thought driving by at 4AM seeing us all lit up (some of us in more ways than one...) and having a picnic on the grounds.

I arrived home at a little after 5:00am. And I wasn't the last to leave.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christ is risen!

I had a terrible Lent, mostly based on my own stupidity and refusal to live as the Church teaches me too, but not even my shortcomings could take away the joy of Pascha.

-Julio

teri anna said...

Ditto here. I've never been so grateful for St. John Chrysostom's encouragement of us 11th hour stragglers.

Mimi said...

Christ is Risen!

Wonderful photos.