Friday, October 30, 2009

Wisdom of Older Women

After 40 years of being married, one day I was looking at my wife at supper and said, "You know, 40 years ago I had a cheap apartment, a crappy car, watched a ten inch black and white TV while eating hamburger helper after I got home from work, and slept on a sofa bed...but I got to sleep with a hot 25 year old girl every night."

"Now I have a two million dollar house, a BMW sport car, a chef's kitchen, a plasma screen TV and a Duxiana bed...but now I'm sleeping with a 65 year old woman. I don't think you're holding up your end of the bargain."

My wife is a very reasonable woman. She said, "I'll tell you what, you go find yourself a hot 25 year old girl and I'll make sure you live in a cheap apartment, drive a crappy car, eat hamburger helper and watch a ten inch TV again."

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

Uh-huh. And the wife wins again!!

Athanasia said...

LOL! That's some woman you got there! Woot!

Clint said...

As one who is surrounded by lots of attractive younger women every day*, I can honestly say that I am quite content with my wife, who is old enough to be the mother of most of those young girls. She gets more beautiful in my sight every day. (and I am sure she won't even read this).

*I teach English at a community college and have plenty of drill team members/cheerleaders, etc. in my classes.

elizabeth said...

My husband of almost 20 years) and I laughed so hard we cried! thanks for sharing!!!

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

You know, it works both ways! My husband and I will be married 40 years in March, and I am sleeping with an older man now, too. Did you ever think of that? Anyway, as they say, the woman always gets the last word! :)