Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Perks of Blogging

One of the funnest things about blogging is getting to meet the people you only know through their words and "avatars". Yesterday James the Thickheaded, whose hilarious yet pointed stream of conciousness Rorschachianesque blog and comments here have mystified readers, was in Phoenix for a last minute conference.  I juggled my work and he graciously bought me lunch.  The two hours together was way too short.

My wife said, "Get a picture of you guys together!  I want to see who that is who writes like that."  So we had the receptionist at the hotel take our picture.

14 comments:

Athanasia said...

Awesome! You two look like you could be related you look so much alike!! LOL!

elizabeth said...

love it.

Anonymous said...

This is great.

I think we should have a National Orthodox Christian Bloggers convention in Sedona. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. There's nothing "thick" on that head.

*ducks under his desk*

Anonymous said...

Ah, a merciful photographer. I have no reason not to believe this story, other than it's got a little don't askish, don't tellish tinge to it.

Steve Robinson said...

Anon5:12 I think the photographer did say something like "Hands up!" :)

Fr. Christian Mathis said...

Too funny!

margaret said...

Where's Sedona? Will Moo attend?

Mimi said...

I'm glad you got to have lunch together, and the photo is perfect.

Steve Robinson said...

Margaret, Sedona is a couple hours north of Phoenix. I posted some pictures a couple months ago
http://pithlessthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/10/day-trip-to-sedona.html

Unfortunately Moo gets carsick and we'd all be dead before he walked there.

Anonymous said...

For the sake of Moo, we should go further south and make it as easy as possible on his poor old shell. :)

DebD said...

LOL. Love the photo op.

James the Thickheaded said...

Hey Steve... thanks again!

James the Thickheaded said...

And I did want to say for the record, the puzzle my once-two-year-old daughter struggled with many years ago after identifying that "Mom has... brown hair", "Brother has... brown hair", and what's dad got? "A head". So I'm Thickheaded... not haired. Least until I plant some corn rows. We're thinking: "Maybe wheat would work better!"