Friday, February 04, 2011

The Book of Hosea

Hosea married a whore.  In between her harlotries she bore him sons and a daughter.

He always took her back.  He loved her as her husband "even as the Lord loves the sons of Israel even though they turn to other gods..." (Hosea 3:1) 


THE LYRICS
This chest is full of memories
Of gold and silver tears
I'll give you more to own than
All of this
And I'll give you more than years
For you were once a child of
Innocence
And I see you just the same
Your burdens couldn't win or
Lose a thing
Oh, I'd tell you once
Again
But you're always on
The run

Slow your breath down
Just take it slow
Find your heart now, oh
You can trust and love again
Slow your breath down, just take it slow
Find your smile now, oh
You can trust and love again

If you leave I'll still be close to you
When all your fears rain down
I'll take you back a thousand times again
I'll take you as my own
I would sing you songs of innocence
'Til the light of morning comes
'Til the rays of gold and honey
Cover you
In the sweetness of the dawn
But you're always on the run

You're not alone
You're now a part of me
You feel the cure
I'll find the toil it brought you 

H/T Silouan

7 comments:

Samantha said...

BEAUTIFUL! :)

Reader John said...

I'm too old to listen to things like this for background music, but this is a very good song by an interesting group.

James the Thickheaded said...

Hosea's one of my very favorites in all of scripture, so thanks.

Not one for the praise band thing usually - these guys sound as if they have real talent and aren't just doing the cover band thing. Sometimes, I guess we have to open the old closed mind a wee bit, huh? Thank you!

Steve Robinson said...

James, Yes. I've never been a CCM fan AT ALL. This is the first "Christian band" who did a song I've actually listened to all the way through. I've fished around their videos and so far I like this song the best. But maybe its because its about Hosea.... :)

Ranger said...

I thought it was about the jesus prayer. confused.

amy said...

A thought provoking post for me. Hosea provides a great crossroads for me in my journey with Christ. I can easily see the beauty of such a heart who can love in spite of such heartache, and yet, cannot help but feel a confusion and anger as to why Hosea - or any of us - was/are called to be such an example.

Sava said...

Future of Forestry is quite unique in CCM, I'm a fan. Good song, I also like Speak to Me Gently and Closer to Me.