Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Move Over Conciliar Press

Have you bought the entire catalogue of Barsanuphius keychains, St. John (of the Ladder, Theologian, Evangelist, Cassian, of Shanghai, of San Francisco, Damascus, the Faster, the Short, etc. etc.) refrigerator magnets, books about "my journey to Orthodoxy", Mount Athos mousepads, Philokalia coffee cups, and Moses the Black greeting cards for all occasions? 

Well, Ortho-consumers, do I have a new Ortho-shopping destination for you. It's...
 
Oh yes, Curmudgeophan, this is the new "Pithless Mall"  where you can purchase Ortho-kitzch-to-the-next-level: expensive but useless and pointless stuff with Monkabee, Curmudgeophan, Moo the Turtle, Orthographs and other weirdness on it. Imagine the evangelistic conversations you could start with one of these creations sitting on your desk! Imagine the look of ummmm... when you give a Curmudgeophan coffee cup to your new God children, priest or your Archbishop for a name-day gift!

The initial offering of Pithless Products is just the beginning.  More things will be added in the coming weeks, including a book of Orthographs and Cartoons. If you don't see something that you'd like, send a message and I will personally CUSTOM MAKE and personalize whatever you want.  Any item in the list of Orthographs or on Moo the Turtle's blog can be made into coffee cups, mugs, T-shirts, greeting cards, note pads, etc.  

Click HERE  to go to the "Pithless Products" store.

Thanks for shopping, pass it on and help me keep the repo man out of my driveway.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife is looking concerned at me as I laugh myself to death, unable to communicate the humor in the present situation.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

I want a cartoon book. With Orthographs and Monkabee and The Covered Girl and Curmudgeophan. The works.

I think they'd make wonderful gifts for, say, newly chrismated people, your adult godchildren, your parish priest...oh, yeah, yourself.

Dianne said...

Oh happy day!

And the Curmudgeophan facepalm "oh no"? Best logo ever.

Unknown said...

The cartoon book will take a couple weeks or more. There's a lot of work formatting it etc. I'm probably going to do some new stuff for it too. Stay tuned!

margaret said...

I have just ordered a Curmudgeophan mouse-mat and helped with your advertising though I don't suppose Miss Tilney and Captain Benwick will actually buy anything. And I want the book too and will buy it for my church library as it's becoming the literary equivalent of a wholefood store, bookfuls of brown rice and pomegranate juice and desperately in need of some chocolate pop tarts.

Abraham said...

LOL! It works!

Byzantine, TX said...

The "It's Friday. Is that non-dairy creamer?" mug is a personal favorite.

Athanasia said...

Is the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" available in a t-shirt?

Anita said...

Yay! This is awesome. I'm fantasizing about a bulk order of mugs for my church's kitchen. :D

Anonymous said...

"So, what do we make of his obsession with turtles and commercial exploitation thereof?"

---American Orthodox Church Canonization Committee, Assembled to Consider the Case of "Blessed Stephen the Builder", June 14, 2213.

Steve Robinson said...

Anon 3:49: LOL!! Oh, the replies that are running through my head... However, Moo will probably still be alive, they'll just need to find a clairvoyant elder that can talk to the animals. Maybe America will have one by then. :)

Moo! said...

Athanasia, SWCoulda is now a T-shirt in "New Products". How is the for fast customer service... and I'm a Turtle! :)

Adam Sheehan said...

S-P,

Perhaps a ventriloquist act featuring Curmudgeophan?

(I am sorry...I probably should not feed into your enterprising tendencies any further.)

LOL!

Terry (John) said...

I couldn't decide between the Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda mug and the Damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't mug. So, I ordered both.

Steve Robinson said...

Adam... ohhhh what a concept! Do you think I'd get invited to do shows at the parish life conferences? :)

magda said...

I don't see the headcovering section. I hope there's going to be a magnetic headcovering wherein the magnets help you get an edge on your prostrations. Yeah.

(The Friday non-dairy creamer mug really got me.)

Anonymous said...

s-p,

Shows? But of course. Curmudgeophan's a shoe-in at the Parish Strife Conferences.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I am definitely in the running for The Book :-)
I am saving my pennies to buy at least one of those mugs, LOL.

Steve Robinson said...

Anon 11:20pm: Parish Strife Conferences LOL! I don't know which show would be more of a parody of the spiritual life: the Curmudgeophan Show or the Financial Reports. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha! You have a point there, s-p. Curmudgeophan could face some tough competition in the parody department. If his presentation would be redundant, maybe you should both just go outside for a smoke during the Financial Reports.

Anonymous said...

Curmudgeophan as a ventriloquy character? Oh. My. Goodness.

This is brilliant. This could change Orthodoxy on the continent for centuries.

Probably not for the better, but it could change it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I want a Moo nekkid, front up.
I dare you.

Steve Robinson said...

Anon 8:44- Double dog dare me?