Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thomas Sunday



Lyrics
I been in a cave
For forty days
Only a spark
To light my way
I wanna give out
I wanna give in
This is our crime
This is our sin

But I still believe
I still believe
Through the pain
And the grief
Through the lives
Through the storms
Through the cries
And through the wars
Oh, I still believe

Flat on my back
Out at sea
Hopin' these waves
Don't cover me
I'm turned and tossed
Upon the waves
When the darkness comes
I feel the grave

But I still believe
I still believe
Through the cold
And through heat
Through the rain
And through the tears
Through the crowds
And through the cheers
Oh, I still believe

I'll march this road
I'll climb this hill
Upon on my knees if I have to
I'll take my place
Up on this stage
I'll wait 'til the end of time
for you like everybody else

I'm out on my own
Walkin' the streets
Look at the faces
That I meet
I feel like I Like I want to go home
What do I feel
What do I know

But I still believe
I still believe
Through the shame
And through the grief
Through the heartache
Through the tears
Through the waiting
Through the years

For people like us
In places like this
We need all the hope
That we can get
Oh, I still believe

5 comments:

mamajuliana said...

My FAVORITE band ever!!!! I still pay my old cassettes, though I have to be careful...they are dying. Can't get the real old stuff on CD.


Best concert I ever went to...seeing the Call in a PGH bar back in 1984! Those were the days!

I knew you were cool!!!! I just knew it!

I'll calm down now...I always knew they were 'Orthodox'...

Steve Robinson said...

MJ, With a couple of cables you can hook your cassette player to your computer, record them to your hard drive then make CD's. Find a high school kid, they'll know how to do it. :)

Unknown said...

Great song!

Fr Nathan Thompson said...

I loved these guys. Never got to see them in concert although we met them in Indianapolis as they were coming into a bar they were playing in. We were underage, they let us come in and stand backstage, and about two minutes before they started, a bouncer kicked us out.
However, the line that I always remember is "we'll walk right through heaven's door and proudly raise our hands. Man, you must be foolin', our hands are covered blood red." Isn't that the truth.

DebD said...

What a great band. Only thing better might be Daniel Amos. I'll have to show this one to the husband.

(as you can tell, I'm a million years behind on reading the blog.)