Sunday, October 31, 2010

Birthday Girl and the State Fair

We took my oldest daughter to the Arizona State Fair for her birthday this afternoon.  It is a sobering mortality check to realize she is the same age now that I was when we adopted her.  The State Fair has all kinds of things I don't do, like spin fast, go high, or both combined.
The Wifey and Daughter in the ferris wheel.


More my speed is the petting zoo.  The Llama made instant friends with Brittany. 


The daughters feed the gluttonous Llama.

S-p and the goat.  BFF.


And my new avatar....



State Fair Mecca!!.... deep fried Twinkies, Snickers, Moonpies, Oreo and yes!!! Deep fried butter!  Oil, flour, butter... It's all natural.

And finally... posers.




6 comments:

Nobodys_Darlin said...

I feel like I didn't even miss the fair this year! It looks like you all had fun.

Tim said...

You know with the pictures you put up, I might actually be tempted to go next year. Although I'm kind of bummed I couldn't go this year- my lil' sister's show choir sang there :(

Many years to your daughter!

Anam Cara said...

Are you kidding? Deep fried butter? Surely you jest!

elizabeth said...

Many years! looks like a lovely time!

Janelle thegeekywife said...

Many years to Brittany!

Not to inflate your ego, but the polka dots are becoming.

hill said...

Many years to your daughter. Looks like she had a great day.

That last shot might fit in your "Demotivator" series somehow...